WELCOME

Welcome to BURY ART SOCIETY official blog.

Enjoy your visit.

Judith Church


My name is Judith Church and I am now retired. I have always worked in retail and the job I enjoyed the most was when I was manager of the Board and Easel art shop in Bolton. I have been interested in drawing and painting from an early age and passed GCE 'O' level Art at school.

After a few years of bringing up a family etc., I decided to develop my skills by doing various evening courses, at the Arts and Crafts centre in Broad Street, Bury, which included GCE 'A' level art. It was this involvement at the Arts and Crafts centre which led to my becoming a member of Bury Art Society.

I enjoy painting portraits of people and animals for which I tend to always use pastel, but I also work with acrylic paint, inks, charcoal and watercolour and I really love to experiment with textures and mixed media.

1 comment: