WELCOME

Welcome to BURY ART SOCIETY official blog.

Enjoy your visit.

Malcolm Lucas

The painting illustrated is 3’ 4” x 2’ 8” and is in acrylics on canvas.
Born in 1942 and worked in Lancashire all my life as a Textile Designer, Potter and Swimming teacher. I retired 15 years ago and now dedicate my time to drawing and painting. Many of my paintings are in private collections in America, Canada, Spain and the United Kingdom. I’ve won a Millennium Award for painting and a Society of Industrial Designers Award.

I am influenced in my work by van Gogh, Lucian Freud, Peter de Wint. I also have a keen interest in the great outdoors.

I paint in various mediums: pen and ink, watercolour, oil paints and acrylic.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Malcolm. I worked with you at David Whiteheads fabrics in the 1960's. I am in contact with Ali and we wondered if you would get in touch?

    ReplyDelete