WELCOME

Welcome to BURY ART SOCIETY official blog.

Enjoy your visit.

Peggy Hargreaves

I have been a member of the Bury Art Society for about twelve years and Secretary for the last ten, during which time the membership has increased greatly and so has the workload! I liaise with Bury Art Gallery to arrange the Annual Exhibition and work with the Programme Secretary and Chairman in the final stages of the yearly programme. I organise the twice yearly trips to the Bury Outdoor Pursuits Centre at Glenridding and have instigated a reasonably regular Newsletter which is circulated to members.

I started attending drawing classes about forty years ago and have continued enjoying the medium until the present day. I work mainly in pencil, pen and ink, and pastel, and occasionally watercolour. I enjoy drawing “on location” whilst on holiday, especially in Ireland, and the Outdoor Sketching trips with the Society. I have holiday drawings rather than holiday snaps! I enjoy portrait drawing and occasionally drawings of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment