WELCOME

Welcome to BURY ART SOCIETY official blog.

Enjoy your visit.

Mary Shaw


I have been a member of the Bury Art Society approximately 5 years, in which time I have developed a passion for watercolour. As a young girl I always had an interest in sketching, usually the family pet.

After passing my GCE 'O' level art, I started work in an office and up until 1982 after the children grew up and left home I became painting again. Firstly in Oil and Acrylic, produced a couple of nice pictures, then work took over again until I retired in 2003 and began again, this time in ernest. I went to the Bury Arts and Crafts to do watercolour painting and have been doing this ever since.

After joining the Bury Art Society I have been introduced to various different styles of painting, with the added bonus of meeting people with a similar enthusiasm for art, and made lots of new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment